Friday, January 25, 2013

A Little Past Due

Guys. I've been married over a year. How insane is that? I seriously can't believe it's been a year already. So with that being said...... Here's a look back at how we became the Cosgrove's



My sister set us up on a blind date. I'll admit it I didn't want to go. This is where I learned Curtis loved saying "I'm just grateful to be here today" this was back in January of 2008. Nothing came out of this date. I pretty sure we talked like once after this date. I was interested in someone else and Curtis was going on a mission so there really wasn't a point right?

Fats forward two years. Curtis gets home from his mission. I was a lonely wildcat up at weber. All of my friends went to other colleges and I wanted to meet new people in ogden...... Enter Facebook..... Curtis was online and I noticed, I remembered he was going to play football at weber so I figured I should probably talk to him. Turns out I talked to him the same day he got back from his mission! Weird right?

We ended up meeting up over the summer before we both headed to football and soccer camp. Of course we both got super busy and nothing came of it. We'd run into each other on campus and just said hi.... The usual.

Fast forward another 6 months or so and BAM. We're dating. Ok, it didn't happen like that but I'm writing this on the iPad and I don't want to type it. So for now....BAM. we're dating. 4 months later we were engaged, then three months after that we were married. Seems fast doesn't it? Best decision I ever made.

Now back to being married for a year.... It's crazy how much you learn about each other. For example I learned if I want Curtis to do something I need to say "will you do the dishes" Not " do you want to do the dishes" no one wants to do the dishes haha.

There's a lot of things I love about being married. I love that I can completely be myself.... And believe me.... I'm one strange person. I love when we're driving home from somewhere we put on our own concert and sing soooo horribly and it's soooo funny. I love how freakin weird we are together and no one will ever see how weird we really are. I mean we somehow invented our own accent/language I guess you could call it? The other day I had the opportunity to try out for American idol for Curtis.... I obviously hit all of my notes and he so kindly sent me to Hollywood. What a sweetheart.
I love how patient he is with me even after a year... I tend to take out all of my stresses on him when he didn't cause any of them. I love that he still puts me first even when he'd rather be doing something else. I can honestly say I don't think I would've made it through some classes without him encouraging/forcing me to study... And for that I thank you Curtis, forgive me for all of the dirty looks I gave you when you told me to study.
Recently Curtis has been working with the football team which means getting up early to go train them.... This means he's normally asleep hours before me. I've found myself thinking while he's asleep how lucky I am to have him forever. ( I think about a lot of things but that thought stands out the most haha)
Once again I could go on and on about how lucky I am but I don't want to bore all 4 of my readers.

Curtis, I can't even explain how crazy I am about you. I can't wait to see what this year holds for us. Don't worry I'll find a way to get us to the beach. I'll keep falling in love with you more each day. I know some days I can get bugged and it may seem like I don't love you.... But believe me I DO STILL LOVE YOU no matter what....even when you're intentionally bugging me. The nerve of you.

I love you morestered. No battle.













































1 comment:

  1. I am glad you married him! I like having you in ma family..

    ReplyDelete