Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I'm married. So naturally I need to start a blog...

Well, I've never been a big blogger. I can barely write in my own journal to say the least. BUT I've figured i'd follow the crowd and start to blog. Who knows maybe people will actually read it. Curtis and myself will be moving out of state in a couple of years so he can go to chiropractic school. This will probably be the best way to keep our families updated!

Cosgroves est. December, 27th 2011. How we met.... (this is long, hope you like reading)

I love hearing how everyone met their husband/wife so why not start this blog with MY story aka the REAL story of what happened. Don't believe anything that Curtis says...

Curtis and I met my senior year in high school and his freshman year in college. My sister actually set us up on a blind date. The one and only blind date I let my sister set me up on (thank goodness for saying yes). Curtis loves to tell everyone that I didn't want to be there. This is not one bit true! I had a track meet the next day at BYU and had to be up super early. I didn't not want to be there....but I definitely would have rather been sleeping. The date was your "average" blind date, awkward, silent, a little stressful... you know the usual blind date. This date consisted of burnt bread, under cooked pasta, and a pretty decent dessert (only because I was involved in the making of this dessert). Now i'm about to tell you the line of all lines.....Curtis is famous for this line and i'll NEVER let him forget what he said. We were awkwardly sitting at dinner and one of those awkward silences came around....so I was desperately trying to think of things to say then out of the blue Curtis said...."Soooooo, do you like.....stuff?" Ummmm this kid has got to be joking! ha stuff? seriously? that's the best you've got? Yes. I do in fact like "stuff" I like big stuff, small stuff, all kinds of stuff.

After the date we didn't really talk. We wrote each other on facebook a little but that was about it. Curtis went on his mission and I graduated high school and went to Weber to play soccer. I'll be honestly while he was on his mission I completely forgot about him haha it was a blind date, those things never work out....or at least that's what i thought. About 2 months before he got home I was wasting time on facebook one night and noticed his picture popped up on the "Say hello to______ they haven't been on in awhile" so naturally I clicked on his page and kind of put together that he'd be home from his mission soon. Anyway, I forgot about that until the day he got home from his mission. I got on facebook late that day and noticed he was on. I didn't know he had just gotten home from his mission that day. Weird right? In case you're wondering I still have that conversation saved. Anyway, after talking for a little bit we decided we should get together, after all we'd be going to the same school and we were both playing sports there. So in the summer of 2010 we hung out a little bit. I'm not sure what happened but we just got busy and kind of stopped talking.

Fast forward to the fall of 2010. The first time I saw Curtis after the summer was in church. Yes, we were in the same ward somehow, pretty crazy. This Sunday I just so happened to be late to church, I was never late to church but I was this Sunday thanks to my roommates (not naming and names. Lindsay.). We were sitting out in the hall while the sacrament was being passed and guess who just so happened to pass the sacrament to us.....yup. it was Curtis. Curtis being a recently returned RM was not to impressed with me this day. (bad point in our relationship haha).

Fast forward to Spring 2011. We had been friends this whole time. You know the whole....waving to each other when we'd see each other and random texts here and there. One weekend a big group of people went to Crystal Hot Springs and my roommate and myself were invited to go. So we went. We also learned that we HATE Crystal. This night was super stormy and it was snowing like crazy when we were driving home. Basically this was the most miserable drive home ever. Lets just say I didn't have pants on and we had to drive with the windows down so they wouldn't fog up. oh, Curtis was driving. Curtis took us through he beloved Brigham City. He was being so funny and his real personality was finally coming out. I thought he was pretty cute after listening to him tell us all about Brigham. That was the night I decided I wanted to see where things went.....and we lived happily ever after. NOT.

Right as I decided I wanted to date him. I found out he liked another girl. That sucked and seemed to be the story of my life! I didn't want to just crash and and ruin this relationship. That would be rude. So I waited it out hoping that it would end. Sad, but true. I'd send him a random text here and there just to keep me in his mind. One day myself Lindsay and Curtis' best friend were at dinner in Bountiful. I had just found out that Curtis had kissed the girl he was dating and literally my heart fell into my stomach. seriously. I didn't think that was possible but it happened. I was super sad that day.

About a month or two later Curtis and the other girl decided to be friends and I finally got to make my move! We went to a scary movie...total set up. he was being so awkward and wouldn't even hold my hand. the nerve right? Ok. That's a lie. It was the complete opposite. ha what can I say i'm an awkward dater.

We started dating May 9th....Engaged September 25th....Married December 27th.

We've been married now for 3 month 2 weeks and 1 day. Time sure does fly!













4 comments:

  1. Sweet! I've never heard that story. My brother is so smooth :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I'm so glad you have a blog. You better keep writing in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! I love stories like these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never knew this story, cute!

    ReplyDelete