Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Reminiscing..

My intent for this blog was to tell everyone about what's going on in mine, and Curtis' life....BUT he's at the gym playing basketball (normally i'd be there too but i'm sick of losing to him haha) and i'm bored and this has been on my mind A LOT lately. 

Soccer...

Soccer has been on my mind. I find this normal... especially considering my soccer career just ended after playing every day basically my whole life. I seriously miss it so bad, every time I walk by our field it makes me sad and I just want to play again. Now, I don't know if I just miss it or I literally don't know what to do with myself because soccer consumed my every day life. If you ask me that's quite a dramatic change. In the past 4 years playing at Weber, I bet I've had a total of 4 months off from soccer. Even during those "off months" I was still lifting or running to stay in shape for either spring or fall season.

I miss the inside jokes with the team
I miss getting ready for games
I miss the feeling of winning an intense game
I miss scoring goals
I miss doing something amazing in a game that no one expects
I miss going to practice every day (never thought i'd say that)
I miss my teammates from all 4 years
I miss traveling with the team
I miss playing BYU...gosh I hate them and how good they are. I especially miss playing at their home field and their fans yelling "you're from the devil number 19!" well played BYU, well played.
I miss "that one drill" (only my teammates would know what i'm talking about)
I miss Tommy and his cooking...minus the spaghetti, not a fan.
I miss watching highlight films put to Tim's all time favorite song....Year of the Cat
I miss playing make me laugh on the bus
I miss sitting in the locker room before games

Overall, I just miss playing. Of course there's always indoor....but with indoor I feel like you have to choose between tearing your ACL on your left knee or tearing your ACL on your right knee. Those people like to cheap shot you big time! I guess what i'm saying is I miss playing in a competitive league. I can always go back to playing semi pro like I have been the past 2 summers....but that costs money annnnnnnnd being married doesn't exactly give me the budget I need to play haha. Every time I start missing soccer so bad I have to think about the not-so-fun parts of it.....

For example:

5 mile intervals
7 mile trail runs
4-3-2-1's
the "Tony Hawk"
Running the stairs at the football stadium
Running the billion stairs at the Dee
Waking up at 5 am in the winter to condition (ok.....lets just say all of the conditioning)
12 hour bus rides
6 am flights
Losing to teams we should have beat
Being so sore I could barely walk
The beep test....holy crap how could I forget that??
2-a-days
3-a-days aka camp

I could probably go on and on about the horrible conditioning and bus rides blah blah blah....but honestly making the list of things I hated was harder than I thought. It's kind of weird that the good times stand out way more than the bad times. ANYWAY I miss soccer way bad....hopefully this goes away soon or you'll probably find me out playing in Sandy for that semi pro team....hope Curtis doesn't mind! haha

I wish I could let you see all the pictures I have from soccer....BUT since I don't want to waste your time here are a few..













































2 comments:

  1. Ah I feel your pain... well I felt it a few years ago haha. but I'm sure your pain is far worse than mine since you played a lot longer and were super LEGIT out on the soccer field! We need to start up a team in the fall for real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be down for that! Seriously lets get a coed team together...

    ReplyDelete